Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Media Meditations #1- RSS and Google Alerts


Ok, so when i first set up my RSS feed and my Google Alerts I honestly didnt know what to expect. Initially I didn't want to use the services thinking that they were just a waste of time and were going to become just another one of those online additives that i would never check. However, because I received an email each day with results from the services I actually found myself using the services a lot. Thanks to Google Alerts I have managed to find really good deals on skateboard and car parts and have also managed to find several possible internships for this summer!

It is a truly unique experience using RSS feeds and Google Alerts. I was amazed after I realized I could search and get feeds on literally ANYTHING that interested me... from funny movies to realistic career opportunities. Don't pass your chance to use these services... they may just brighten your day or help you find a new job.

I never thought I would find myself saying this, but I definitely recommend setting up some RSS feeds or (better) a Google Alerts feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment